For more than 20 years, the learning and play experts at LeapFrog® have been making award-winning content that has made LeapFrog one of the top educational brands for children. Today, the company introduces LeapFrog Academy™, an interactive learning program for 3-6 year olds that guides children on fun Learning Adventures that they can play anywhere on a variety of devices. Through a well-rounded curriculum, they can explore a variety of skills that are important to a child’s development. And, just like other LeapFrog products, the games and activities within LeapFrog Academy are designed to be a perfect balance of education and fun. This exciting, new, subscription-based service offers access to more than 1,000 learning activities for just $7.99 per month.
“LeapFrog has always had an exceptional library of award-winning content with the depth and breadth of educational experiences that parents want for their children,” said William To, President, VTech Electronics North America. “We are proud to introduce LeapFrog Academy, a learning subscription that goes a step further by building an entire framework that kids can explore for continued growth and guided learning.”
LeapFrog Academy goes beyond the core subjects that are important to a child’s development by guiding them through fun Learning Adventures that cover curriculum for preschool through first grade. Activities teach fundamental subjects such as math, reading and science plus problem solving, creativity and social-emotional skills. Designed by award-winning educational experts, LeapFrog Academy tracks a child’s learning progress and uniquely adjusts as children play, offering extra activities under “My Learning Lab.”
“‘My Learning Lab’ is an important tool that encourages children to continue on their Learning Adventures by keeping them engaged and challenged, because we know not all children learn in the same way or at the same pace,” said Dr. Clement Chau, Director of Learning for LeapFrog. “As children complete adventures, they are given extra practice in subjects they need extra help mastering and more difficult activities to keep them challenged when they are ready.”
The Learning Adventures found in LeapFrog Academy are brought to life through a colorful 3D world with a customizable avatar. Children can travel along winding paths lined with letters, numbers, paint brushes and books to explore an interactive, educational world. Along the way, children can discover a variety of activities they can play to collect marbles and earn rewards, such as clothing and accessories to customize their avatar, adorable pets to join them on their adventures and collection pieces to complete a dinosaur, castle, pirate ship and more. When an activity is complete, the next one is unlocked. Children can then continue down the path, cross colorful bridges or take balloon rides to the next activity.
Additional features of LeapFrog Academy include:
- No Wi-Fi, no problem! Children have the ability to learn and play on the go, even when Wi-Fi isn’t available. They can play most of their preferred activities by adding up to 24 of them to their “Favorites,” making them accessible to play even without an internet connection.
- Each LeapFrog Academy subscription includes five free user profiles, so multiple children can each go on their own unique Learning Adventures.
- There is a wide selection of more than 1,000 learning activities including eBooks, games, puzzles, videos, music and art activities across a variety of Learning Adventures.
- A Parent Dashboard lets parents choose and change their child’s Learning Adventures. The dashboard also lets them see how their child is progressing, view their account, manage each child’s profile and more.
- There are no ads or links to take children to other websites, and no in-app purchases, making LeapFrog Academy a safe place for children to play online.
LeapFrog Academy is available now at leapfrogacademy.com and in the iOS and Google Play app stores. New users can try LeapFrog Academy free for one month, then continue the learning fun for $7.99 per month.