The Magellan RoadMate 360 is an easy to use basic GPS device. Basic meaning that it doesn’t come with all the bells and whistles of the newer devices, but it still serves its purpose to get you where you need to go.
The size of 6.18″ W x 3.11″ H x 1.18″ D and weight of only 9 ounces makes it conveniently compact. The screen size of 3.5 inch diagonal, is easy to view. Your directions are given to you in Map view, TrueView, or 3D. The 360 does come fully loaded with maps of the 50 United States, Puerto Rico, and Canada, as well as nearly two million Points of Interest. You also have the option to load your own customized points of interest.
The navigation is easy, you simply touch the screen to enter your destination, and the 360 takes it from there. Directions are accurate, and load time is surprisingly fast for a device of this caliber. The auto-reroute works great, if you miss a turn, it will have you back on track within only seconds. That’s a great feature in itself. You also have the option to customize your trip by choosing routes with the shortest time, least use of freeways, most use of freeways, or no toll roads.
It is basically the same as the previous RoadMate models. There is an added route exclusion, if you have a preference to avoid certain roads or streets. The complete mobility makes it easy to change from one car to another without having to re-install the system.
The 360 does only support Six different languages, much less than other GPS devices, particularly Garmin, who supports around 30. But, again for a device of this caliber and price range, it’s a good start.
Another small point to note is that the RoadMate 360 does not have an internal battery. Power is by a 12V car charger or an AC adapter. So, if you plan to use your GPS for walking, hiking, camping, etc., then this one is not for you.
Overall the 360 is a good navigational unit. The lock in time for satellites is not bad considering. And there are several good features, such as a spell checker, and other things that make it good for what it does. Don’t expect it to act like a higher priced device, just expect it to take you from Point A to Point B. It will do that quickly and accurately, and if that’s what you’re after, then you’ll be more than satisfied with the Magellan RoadMate 360.
Your Magellan RoadMate 360 comes pre-loaded with a complete detailed map of the 50 United States, Puerto Rico, and Canada. There’s no need to download additional data. Get to where you’re going with easy turn-by-turn voice prompts and visual directions as you travel.
Touch the screen to enter an address or select from nearly 2 million points of interest and let your Magellan RoadMate 360 guide you there. Unique on-screen icons show the location of restaurants, gas stations, ATMs and more on the map. Simply touch an icon to quickly route to any location. Or select multiple destinations using the easy Trip Planner.
Lightweight and truly portable, your Magellan RoadMate 360 goes wherever you go, from your personal vehicle to your business car, to your recreational vehicle.
- Easy-to-use – Quick access to features through simple touch-screen menus and keypad
- Turn-by-turn voice and visual guidance – BE THERE™ quickly and safely
- Built-in maps – 50 United States, Puerto Rico and Canada
- Trip Planner – Select up to 20 destinations and easily route to each in any order you choose
- Auto Re-route – Never miss a turn and quickly get back on track whenever you take a detour
- QuickSpell™ – Easily enter addresses with unique auto-complete feature
- Complete mobility – Transfer to any vehicle with no installation
- Nearly 2 million points of interest (POI) – Easily find gas stations, restaurants, ATMs, airports, parks and more
- Interactive POI icons – Touch an onscreen icon for a nearby destination; see phone number and get an instant route
- Customizable route method – Shortest time, avoid toll roads, least use or most use of freeways
- Route exclusion – Select street or freeways to avoid
- Easy view directions – Map View, TrueView™ 3D and simple Maneuver List
- Address Book – Create and store personal points of interest for easy reoccurring trips
- Instant locate – One touch shows your location; quickly advise roadside assistance or emergency services
Product Number: 980668-20
|Base Map||Detailed maps of the 50 United States, Puerto Rico and Canada|
|Size||6.18″ W x 3.11″ H x 1.18″ D (W 157 mm x H 79 mm x D 30 mm)|
|Weight||9 oz (280 g)|
|Display||3.5″ diagonal touch screen: full-color, high resolution, transflective TFT, backlit|
|Memory||Preloaded SD card|
|Data Storage||Unlimited / Secure Digital (SD) Card compatible|
|Antenna||Built-in multidirectional patch|
|Keypad||Eight backlit direct-access keys, plus power and repeat buttons|
|Operating Range||14 to 140°F (-10 to 60°C)|
|Receiver||14 channels, WAAS/EGNOS enabled|
|Acquisition Time||Hot: <30 seconds, Cold: <150 seconds, Initial: 5 minutes|
|Update Rate||Once per second|
|Accuracy||3 to 5 meters (10 – 16 feet) – WAAS/EGNOS, < 7 meters (15 feet) – GPS only|
|Languages||English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Dutch|
|Source||AC adapter or 12V vehicle adapter|