Some feel that TomTom didn’t do themselves justice with the ONE XL. It is a small GPS device measuring only 4.7 inches by 3.4 inches by 1.2 inches, and weighs only 7.4 ounces. The screen is a 4.3 inch, 16 bit WQVGA touch screen. It does come preloaded with TeleAtlas maps for the United States, Canada, Puerto Rico, and Guam. And the points of interest database has more than five million entries. So, if you want to accurately and easily get to where you’re going, the ONE XL is a good device for the money.
As with all devices, however, there do seem to be some minor glitches. The basic menu entries will no allow you to set preferences for routing, or to cancel a route. You will have to enable the advanced menus before you have access to those settings.
If you have it paired with a Bluetooth phone, you can navigate to a TomTom “buddy”, which is an interesting feature. The navigation is fairly simple. You choose the City, Zip, Intersection, or Street Number. And it does save your recently used cities, so if you’re visiting a city more than once, there will be no need to input that particular city again.
The points of interest database is extensive. You have choices of points of interest close to home, along your route, or near your destination. The main levels of POI categories include restaurants, fuel, hotels, motels, and the last category that you selected. You do not, however, have subcategories for different levels of restaurant, such as Mexican, as opposed to Chinese. The supported points of interest do load quickly, another good point of the Go510.
The language supported may just be the best feature that TomTom has included in the Go510. There are 36 languages supported with over 55 voices to choose for your spoken directions. You also have the option to download celebrity voices such as Mr. T, Burt Reynolds, Gary Busy, among just a few. However, even with all the voices that are available, the ONE XL does not support text to speech conversion, as found in other devices of this price range. If you want the text to speech conversion in a TomTom product, only the Go910 currently has it.
You also have the option to avoid toll roads, freeways, etc. The navigation is basically up to the user. You do have a lot of options for routes and streets. You can also view weather forecasts for your area, your route, or your destination area for up to five days.
All in all the Go510 is not as well liked in the GPS line as the TomTom Go910, or other manufacturers products that include more features. But if you just want to get where you are going, with a few extras thrown in, the Go510 is a good choice for the price.
The TomTom ONE XL has everything you need to make your trip safer, more relaxed and more fun.
TomTom’s award-winning plug-and-go navigation software, new 4.3” touchscreen and access to real time traffic services make navigating even easier.
With a large choice of route options, complete maps of the US and Canada and millions of useful and fun points of interest pre-loaded for your journey, you’re ready for worry-free navigation from A to B.
TomTom ONE XL makes getting there better than ever.
TomTom ONE XL – Functionalities
EASY TO USE
- Plug & Go: Works straight out of the box.
- Large 4.3″ touchscreen: provides greatly expanded view of your surrounding area.
- Easy-to-use navigation: with user-friendly menu and TomTom’s award winning software.
- Portable, light and easy to handle.
- Find your location faster than ever before with TomTom’s free QuickGPSfix software.
- Fast route calculation and re-routing around roadblocks and traffic.
- Large choice of routes: including fastest, shortest, non-toll roads, highways and more.
- Ready for real-time traffic services: click here for traffic subscription.
- Crystal clear 3D or 2D graphics for perfect viewing day and night.
- Clear spoken instructions in your own language (36 languages to choose from and 55 different voices available).
SERVICES & SMART EXTRAS:
- Ready for TomTom PLUS services: real time information on traffic congestions, weather conditions and extra downloads such as detailed city maps, scenic routes, adittional voices, points of interest and much more.
(Subscription and mobile phone with Bluetooth™ and GPRS needed)
- TomTom HOME: Exclusive easy access to celebrity voices, map and software upgrades, more points of interest, QuickGPSfix, and more.
- Millions of points of interest pre-installed: including hotels, restaurants, gas stations, golf courses and many more!
- High sensitivity GPS chipset
- 32 MB RAM
- CPU 266 MHz
- 3 inch full TFT color LCD touchscreen (480 x 272 pixels, 64,000 colors)
- Internal Litium-Ion battery (2 hours operation)
- 7″ x 3.4″ x 1.2″, 7.4 ounces
- Operating temperature: 14 °F to 131 °F
- Bluetooth™ 2.0
Bluetooth connection for access to TomTom PLUS Services only
- T-Mobile: Motorola PEBL U6, Motorola KRZR K1, Motorola V195, Nokia 6600, Motorola V3, Motorola V3i, Nokia 3650, Nokia 5300, Nokia 6131, Nokia 8800
- AT&T/Cingular: Nokia E62, Nokia E61, Nokia 9300i beta, Nokia 9300, Nokia 7610, Nokia 6820, Nokia 6681, Nokia 6131, Nokia 3650, Motorola V3x, Motorola V3i, Motorola SLVR, Motorola V3, Motorola l6, Motorola L2, Motorola ROKR, Nokia 6230, Motorola Q9H, Motorola MPx220, Motorola KRZR K1.
The user interface/application runs in:
The following languages are supported for spoken navigation instructions:
|Brazilian Portuguese||Latin American Spanish|
What’s In The Box
- TomTom ONE XL
The world’s #1 portable navigation device now with wider screen and complete pre-installed map data.
- Windshield Mount and Adhesive Mounting Disk
Lightweight and easy to mount.
- USB Car Charger and USB cable
For in-car charging of your TomTom ONE XL.
- Installation CD
Containing TomTom HOME software, user manual and additional voices (Windows / Mac OS X 103 and higher) for easy content management, desktop planning and downloads.